Dolphin Pose yoga is also known as Ardha Pincha Mayurasana. This yoga pose is the best alternative of downward facing dog yoga pose as it doesn’t have to pressure your wrist. It is great yoga for beginners. It helps you to strengthen your arms, shoulders, upper back and legs. You can bring flexibility in your spine, calves, arches, and legs. It can give you relief in headache, fatigue, anxiety, depression and insomnia. This pose is the great inversion for anyone who wants to find strength needed in the core and spine. Also it helps in sore wrists.
How To Do Dolphin Yoga Pose
Begin with your hands and knees, align your wrist under your shoulders. Then bring your knees directly under your hips. Lower your elbows to the floor, keep your forearms parallel to each other. Tuck your toes and lift your knees off of the floor. Bent your knees as you lengthen your spine. Then gently strengthen your legs. And bring your torso and legs into A shape. Your spine must be straight. Relax your head and hold for at least 25 breaths. And to release, bend your knees gently and come back to the floor.
Benefits of Dolphin Yoga Pose
It provides all the benefits of downward dog yoga pose. When we work on the computer, play sports or work all day we feel the sore feeling in our wrists, by doing this pose you can release that sore feeling. Dolphin yoga pose is also beneficial for pregnant women who often suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome, it can be useful in modifying their prenatal yoga practice. Rather than that, you will get the following benefits after doing this pose on a regular basis.
- It will help you in your back pain and strengthen your spine and core.
- It is the best way to stretch your whole body.
- You will get relief from your headache.
- It helps in relaxing depression and anxiety.
- You can get relief from insomnia and fatigue.
- It will help you to improve your digestion system.
- It can help with menstrual discomfort.
- It will help with your asthma.
- Your legs and shoulders will be strong.
- You will get rid of foot pain.
It is advisable to not to do dolphin yoga pose if you are suffering from following:
- If you have a recent back, arm, shoulder or neck injury.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are suffering from any kind of infection in your eyes or inner ear.
- Do not pressurize your body.
- Do this pose within your own limits and abilities.
- Avoid this pose if you have wrist pain.
- If you have any kind of high back pain kindly avoid this pose.
- If you have any other medical concerns, you must visit your doctor before practicing this pose.
Dolphin yoga pose is one of the great yoga poses. It is a firearm and standing yoga pose which can help you to get strength and flexibility. It will boost your energy and you will feel better day by day. It works amazingly with people who are suffering from headache, back, shoulder or neck pain. Before practicing this pose you must have to check all the cautions or get advice from your doctor or yoga teacher. Do not try it at home without any instructor if you are a beginner. Once you get started with this pose, you will enjoy it.